sw_usb_audio with mono signal in 44100hz

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
noop
New User

sw_usb_audio with mono signal in 44100hz

Post by noop »

Hi all,
I am playing around with an xCore smart microphone array and the example implementation sw_usb_audio. I am testing all the examples in the Getting Started document.
The functions explained there work at a frequency of 16000hz and with two channels. I tried to change the Makefile to get this running at 44100hz and just a mono signal but was not successful in that.
In a first step after changing the MIN and MAX frequecies, the board showed a strange blinking behaviour. I think this is related to the 44100hz instead of 48000hz. What do I have to change additionally? The Illusonic voice stuff seems to have separate defines where frequency is 16000. But the voice got really disturbed.

noop
New User

Post by noop »

Hi, its me again ...
I would really appreciate a Feedback, if the illusonic voice stuff only works with 16000Hz or what I need to change in order to get it running at another frequency.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Those MIN and MAX freqs should be all you need to change - you should also make sure there is an appropriate MCLK frequency available for these sample rates.

From memory you cannot run that DSP at other frequencies.