Unable to build USB Audio 2.0 Device project

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
KeithTS
New User

Unable to build USB Audio 2.0 Device project

Post by KeithTS »

Hi all,

First time here and I'm new to XMOS devices in general so please forgive any stupidity!

I'm working with the xCORE-200 MultiChannel Audio Platform and I'm having some issues building the USB Audio 2.0 Device Software, found https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18334
I'm fairly sure my issues are based on the environment (importing the correct modules etc.) rather than anything else.

To get started I worked through a good few of the examples available through xTimeComposer without issue but once I try to get this project on the go I have problems with include paths etc.

If it's not too much trouble, would anyone be able to give some guidance on setting up the environment for this project like how to pull in the correct libraries etc.?

Any help would be hugely appreciated and if any more info is required from me, please ask away, I'm at your service :)

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to read what is undoubtedly a very novice problem!

Cheers,
Keith

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Try the following:

1) be sure you are on the latest toolchain (free download for the compiler). Just tested with 14.2.4 release.

2) download the USB Audio 2.0 project and leave as-is in the .zip format on your drive.

3) launch the toolchain and select a folder for your project(s).

4) select EDIT on the top left side of the IDE GUI window.

5) File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into workspace -> select Archive File (since we wish to import a zipped file) -> browse to your folder containing the downloaded .zip project -> finish. Allow the toolchain to perform any required upgrade (see bottom right of the IDE for the status). It takes a while to reach 100%. Recommend then to go to Project -> Clean -> Ok.

6) Due to the very large size of this project, be prepared to wait 15 mins+ to compile for the first time. The compiler is still chugging away and has been for the past 10+ minutes for this test.

Good luck!
KeithTS
New User

Post by KeithTS »

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I got sorted yesterday evening (before my topic was approved).
I wasn't adding the existing project as an archive file!!!

I'm having issues with the xtag-3 now, looking at some workarounds but after some googling I'm not the only one having these issues (Windows 7 with USB-3 ports).
It's odd because if I open up XTC and try to edit my flash configuration the xTag cannot be seen in the targets window, however, after a Windows restart it's there and I can flash the device but I lose connection after a few minutes.
I'm just about to uninstall everything and roll back to an earlier release to see if those drivers are any better but any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks again,
Keith
Paulo Billy
New User

Post by Paulo Billy »

I mon2!

I'm new on Xmos device as well. Since I've received my XK-Audio-216-MC-ABL kit, i've been follow the instructions and everything was going quite good. I've imported the projects, built the the desired project and flash it to board without problem. So I've requested the Apple MFi projects and tried to build a firmware but it didn't work due some erros. OK. Then i tried to build any other project and nothing happened. First the compiller didn't respond when i selected the desired build option (ex 1i8o2xxxx). So i uninstall the compiler and download the projects again. I start all over again. Then i repeat the procedures and nothing. After import the projects and clean it i try to build and nothing. So i quit the compiller and lanch it again then it works but it doesn't build the project correctly. It generates hundreds of errors. It didn't happen before. Everithing was working fine before i try to build a MFi project. I unistall e install the tools 4 times and it don't work...

I start over from the scretch and nothing. The USB Audio 2.0 projects don't work anymore...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance
KeithTS
New User

Post by KeithTS »

Hi Paulo,

I'm no expert but it sounds like you're having hte same issues that I was.

What projects have you been able to build and flash successfully?
In my case I was had no problems with the examples that you can access through xTimeComposer, it was only after downloading the USB Audio project that I had problems.
This was down to me not following the correct procedure when importing the project into XTC, In would recommend you take a look at that.

If that fails all I can suggest is to start from a clean slate, start the compiler in a fresh Workspace and try running a simple example just to get yourself back to a known state and then take it form there.

Best of luck!
Paulo Billy
New User

Post by Paulo Billy »

Hi Keith!

Thank you very much for your reply.
I've started from a clean state, all over again. It seens to be ok so far. I got to build a firmware from USB Audio 2.0 projects. I had a lot of warnings from XTC but it seens to be related to missing parameters the host driver must set. The fanny thing is: I don't remember to have so many warnings from XTC as I had now. I used to build the projects nice and easy. But let's move foward.... Lets flash to the board.

Best Regards