Task Modelling tool available?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
drauded
New User

Task Modelling tool available?

Post by drauded »

Hello,

I'm looking for a modelling tool in which the tasks can be modelled w/ interactions/interprocess communication(s), ideally via Interfaces.
I wonder if there is such a tool which also would create the task stubs, interfaces and the task placements?

Thank you!,
Draude

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

drauded
New User

Post by drauded »

Hello mon2,

thank you for the reply. Maybe I was not specific enough: It's time consuming programming all the communication interfaces and the task placement manually by direct programming, and for more than one xmos board architecture/data sheet. I "dream":) of a graphical tool, in which I could draw the tasks and the placement on the board as well as the planned communication between them. Well, for the graphical part I could use MS Visio, ok:).

However, I would like the tool to produce the stub code: xc tasks/functions code and interfaces code as well as the par statement, including the calls to the tasks and the right parametrization with client/server ends of the interfaces; and, since Christmas:) is approaching, as much else as possible too:).
After generating the code the only remaining thing to do would be to programm the "real stuff", how the tasks should react to different events.

I'm asking/enquiring/"dreaming":) therefore for something before programming which should shorten my work of programming.

Best regards,
Draude

P.S: Maybe Santa:) won't oblige to my above wish list:), but worth a shot ... .
Gothmag
XCore Addict

Post by Gothmag »

I'm not sure what you're asking for saves much time, you would still need to define all of those things within the "program". It's really not that time consuming(compared to the ideal tool) and things will likely change as development continues so you'd still be going back making manual changes. If you wanted to and thought it was worth your time I think using something like fltk, or QT would allow you to do it fairly easily.