Showing DOA angle in console

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
antonimaco
Member++

Showing DOA angle in console

Post by antonimaco »

Hello everybody,
First of all, I would like to present myself because I’m new here. My name is Antonio and from now on I will visit this forum to solve the doubts I have. So thank you in advance.

I have bought recently a xcore vocalfusion speaker. I have been practicing with the different firmwares in “VocalFusion-Speaker-binaries_1.1.2”. Now, once I have downloaded and installed the libraries, modules and apps of “sw_vocalfusion-[sw]_1.1.2rc5”. I would like to show in the xTIMEcomposer studio console the DOA angle of the detected speaker, running a downloaded firmware from the official website (for example: 1i1o2_cir43, built from the makefile in directory: app_vf_spk_base). I have tried to do it in a release mode, but I cannot do it. So I have changed the run configuration to run the firmware in debug mode.

I have made a printf of the value returned by the function “calcAngle” in file “beclear_int.xc”. Is the value returned by this function the DOA angle of a detected speaker?. Is it possible to make a printf in release mode??

Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated since I have no experience in programming xcore devices and right now I’m stuck.

Best Regards

Antonio

johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hello antonimaco and welcome.
How to read DOAANGLE is documented in sw_vocalfusion.pdf and also the control API in sw_vocalfusion_control_guide.pdf.
You need to use one of the ctrl builds to read and write the parameters. You should not need to make any code changes to read the DOA.
Best regards,
John
antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

Hi johned, thanks for answering.

I have already used the control API to read and write parameters but using it, you have to ask the device for the DOA angle each time you want to obtain it. However, what I want is the system prints in console the DOA angle of each detected speaker by itself. Can I do this without change the provided code??

Thanks in advance.

Antonio