composer can't find libraries

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
bcmoore

composer can't find libraries

Post by bcmoore »

Hi folks. I am new XMOS user. After installing composer, I created a project and then I tried to add some of your libs that I downloaded from your site. They did not show up in the library viewer. Tell me the directory they need to be in in order for the tool to find them. The user guide is vague on this. The user guide also talks about using the command prompt to configure composer, but does not tell how to do this. Please guide me step by step on how to install libs that I downloaded.
Thanks.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hello and welcome. The libs are added via the project's makefile.

Please see here for more details:

https://www.xmos.com/support/tools/docu ... 9&version=

https://www.xmos.com/support/appnotes

AN00124 or similar are good examples to review to get started.
bcmoore

Post by bcmoore »

OK, I'm using the makefile to add the libs. The library "add directory" offers 4 folders where to look for them: bin, src, .settings and .build. In which of these folders should I place the library folders that I downloaded and extracted? Will the tool automatically look in all subfolders?

Also, in the libraries view pane in bottom left of the desktop, there's the message "connection to xmos.com failed". I assume this is where one can access libraries online? What could be the reason this failed? How do I fix this? My internet connection is fine otherwise.

Finally, do I need to make any settings to my environment variables, or does the installation progeam do this automatically?
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Do you recall if you logged in to your xmos account after first launch of the xtime composer tool? If not, that may be the issue. Not sure if there are any shortcuts but consider to do the following:

1) goto xmos.com and create a free account

2) download and install the latest xtimecomposer tool version

3) launch the tool and when prompted, use your account details to login

Then you should have access to the libraries in the lower left corner of the tool.

Here is what we see once the tool is online. Do select the EXAMPLES icon on the left side of the tool which will then populate many code examples but only if you are online. Best to select one of the examples suitable for your CPU to get a feel for all the required dependencies. Then you can modify the example to suit your target. That is one quick approach to have a working project.

bcmoore

Post by bcmoore »

Ok, I will tried that. But it wont let me use the same email, which I want to continue using. Would it be simpler to just delete my account and have me start over from scratch?
bcmoore

Post by bcmoore »

Solved my problem. Solution was to do clean uninstall and reinstall of composer. I did nothing to my account, please ignore my request to delete. Tool can see the libs now and access everything from online. You can close case.