Hardware not detected with Ubuntu 17.10

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
antonimaco
Member++

Hardware not detected with Ubuntu 17.10

Post by antonimaco »

Hi,

I'm currently using my linear vocal fusion speaker with Ubuntu 17.10. I have already installed XtimeComposer tools and imported the firmware of the device. However, I can't get that Xtime composer see the Vocal fusion speaker as an avaible target when I want to run build "1i4o2". Could you let me know how to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance.

Antonio

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hit the REFRESH BUTTON above the JTAG radio button. Does that get populated with some crazy value? It should and that is the XTAG3 serial #. Then try again.

antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

I have pressed that button and nothing change.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

This means the XTAG tool is not being detected. Not a Linux guru but can check this forum for other comments or raise a ticket with the xmos.com website for assistance. From memory, believe the boards may not have the latest firmware for your audio testing. Respectively to upgrade your board, you will need the XTAG3 tool to be detected (enumerated) and operational. It is a catch-22 if the XTAG3 tool cannot be detected by your box.

Try other USB connectors on your box to see if that field changes. Also test with other USB cables if you have them around. The USB cable must be fully loaded (NOT just a charging cable). Another PC to test to see if the XTAG3 tool is being detected? If Windows reports "Found New Hardware" with the USB cable plugged in then that is a good start.

Do you have a Windows box? Could test on that to see if that changes anything. We use Windows 7 for our lab work. The XTAG3 tool has been reported to have enumeration issues on various OS and ports, etc.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Check out this post - please post your results:

http://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=26 ... nux#p30286
antonimaco
Member++

Post by antonimaco »

Hi,

Yesterday I had installed Ubuntu 17.10 version. I followed the steps of: "Enable USB driver on system without USBFS support" in https://www.xmos.com/published/enable-usb-drivers-linux . The system crashed.

So today, I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 and running XTimeComposer Studio with sudo, everything works fine. Now it is abel to see the xcore vocal fusion speaker as an avaible device, also I have recorded from audacity.

Antonio