Questions on source code of AN00201: a startkit demo

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:Are you on Linux or Windows? Which IDE toolchain version from XMOS is installed?
I am on xTIME Composer Studio (Community_14.3.2) ,Windows 10 .

cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:Are you on Linux or Windows? Which IDE toolchain version from XMOS is installed?
I also run the AN00196,which shows how to use xSCOPE,but I didn't see the generated sine wave as the note said,either...There is nothing displayed. Maybe I missed to set something ?
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

See section 2 of the same appnote. Is xScopeconfig element enabled ?
cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:See section 2 of the same appnote. Is xScopeconfig element enabled ?
yes ,the enabled attribute is "true".

Just now I added these:

Code: Select all

void xscope_user_init(void) {
  xscope_register(0);
  xscope_config_io(XSCOPE_IO_BASIC);
}
which fixed the error about the "specified -fxscope" mentioned in the previous page, but occured a profiler error:
Error loading file:
D:\xmos_workspace\ANC_headphone_V1.0\xscope.xmt
and where should I find that?
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

To be clear, you are only testing with the XMOS posted AN00196 and using the Simulator option? Let me try on my side...
cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:To be clear, you are only testing with the XMOS posted AN00196 and using the Simulator option? Let me try on my side...
I am not using the simulator but the XCORE-200 Multichannel audio platform instead.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. I think I see the issue - appears to be in the documentation. Using the same appnote and similar, finally I can see:

To configure in the toolchain:

Try the same with the same example and see if you can see the sine wave like the above screen grab.

Highlight the project -> Run -> Run configuration -> XSCOPE tab
cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:Hi. I think I see the issue - appears to be in the documentation. Using the same appnote and similar, finally I can see:

To configure in the toolchain:

Try the same with the same example and see if you can see the sine wave like the above screen grab.

Highlight the project -> Run -> Run configuration -> XSCOPE tab
Hi..I did all what you said but I can't build the project. It gave error
Description Resource Path Location Type
Undefined reference to '__sodEnd' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00196_Getting_started_with_real_time_xSCOPE_in_xTIMEcomposer_Studio C/C++ Problem
Undefined reference to '__sodFlag' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00196_Getting_started_with_real_time_xSCOPE_in_xTIMEcomposer_Studio C/C++ Problem
again....
Perhaps you run it on the simulator while I on the hardware. I then run on the simulator and I saw the sine wave.
And then,I dropped it and turned to AN00162 ,created a new configuration for it,which uses the xscope in the eal-time mode, according to the xTIMEStudio user guide. I run it on the board but it can't loopback the sound anymore. It only buzzes all the time. It seems that when whichever debug method is used ,the normal effect of the project loses.That's so terrible.... And I don't know what's wrong. When using the real-time mode I got a red-printed message from the console but don't know its meaning.:
xSCOPE warning ... System is already registered, new registration call ignored
And by the way, when I built my own project in xscope real-time mode and put my mouse pointer on the curve of the signal, I can't see its value when samples are captured in the continuous mode(in both stop and single mode it can be seen).Is this normal?
Thank you for helping me so much...
Last edited by cjf1699 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. Be sure you are selecting the right hardware target for your project. Check the project settings (makefile) and review which cpu is being used. Same cpu as on your kit? Believe it should be xe216-512-TQ128 pin package.

Post your full non-working project for a review. Are you installing and running the ide on a local drive? You can try a fresh install or even the older toolchain as a test.

The simulation working is a good sign.
cjf1699

Post by cjf1699 »

mon2 wrote:Hi. Be sure you are selecting the right hardware target for your project. Check the project settings (makefile) and review which cpu is being used. Same cpu as on your kit? Believe it should be xe216-512-TQ128 pin package.

Post your full non-working project for a review. Are you installing and running the ide on a local drive? You can try a fresh install or even the older toolchain as a test.

The simulation working is a good sign.
Hi, I noticed that AN00162's makefile selects XR-AUDIO-216-MC as its target but its app notes says the project is to run on the same board as mine(xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform). But I also see on the XMOS website that the cpu of this board is based on xe216-512-TQ128 .Why?
Just now I run the AN00162 in the real-time mode with its target changed to xe216-512-TQ128-C20 by me,again...it gave errors:
Undefined reference to '__sodEnd' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00162_i2s_loopback_demo C/C++ Problem
Undefined reference to '__sodFlag' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00162_i2s_loopback_demo C/C++ Problem
I wrote my own code using AN00162 as a template so..The result should be the same.
And when selecting the target ,there are two choices: xe216-512-TQ128-C20 and xe216-512-TQ128-I20. What's the difference?
Yes I installed the ide on the local drive "D:". Do you mean that reinstalling an older edition IDE maybe a choice?