AN00196:only compiled for startKit?

New to XMOS and XCore? Get started here.
cjf1699

AN00196:only compiled for startKit?

Post by cjf1699 »

Hi everyone,
These days I have been learning to use xSCOPE, so I found the example :AN00196
At first I built it and wanted to run on my board, xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform. Having done the run configuration, I run it but received a message saying :
xrun: Binary (xs1_revb) does not match architecture (xs2_reva)
So I changed the target board from "XMOS startKit" to "XE216-512-TQ128-I20",on which cpu of my board bases, in the makefile. But when I tried to build it again, it gave errors:
Description Resource Path Location Type
Undefined reference to '__sodEnd' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00196_Getting_started_with_real_time_xSCOPE_in_xTIMEcomposer_Studio C/C++ Problem
Description Resource Path Location Type
Undefined reference to '__sodFlag' (using xScope without specifying -fxscope?) AN00196_Getting_started_with_real_time_xSCOPE_in_xTIMEcomposer_Studio C/C++ Problem
I have already added the -fxscope to the XCC_FLAG in the makefile but the errors still exist. I'm so confused.
By the way, when I tried to run this project on the simulator, everything works fine without adding the "-fxscope" in the makefile.
I'm looking forward to your answers. Thank you very much!!
cjf

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Root cause is that the target CPU .xn file is missing some required fields. Select a kit that uses the same target CPU and you will not see this error. Just confirmed this using the XCORE-200 Explorer kit as the target.

For example, try with importing AN00155 into your workspace. Compile as-is - should be with no errors. Next, modify the makefile and add the -fxscope flag -> compile -> should be with no errors.

Reference (see post from Data):

http://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=5614