Discussions about USB Audio on XMOS devices
DHembree
Experienced Member

Post by DHembree »

I downloaded the zip file (sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2rc1.zip) and:

- Copied it into an empty workspace folder
- launched XTIME
- Selected File>Import>Existing Projects into Workspace
- Selected archive File (browsed to sw_usb_audio-[sw]_6.15.2rc1.zip)
- Selcted Finish to import

Results:

Not sure how to proceed from here...Clean? Compile?

Thanks!

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Yes. After about 10 minutes or so of compiling the project should complete. Then expand each + in the software tree on the left side you should see a compiled .xe file. That is the compiled binary file.
DHembree
Experienced Member

Post by DHembree »

I have to select an app within Project Explorer to compile. I'm not sure which one to select. I don't see anything that looks different from the "stock" 6.15 content. I noticed in one of your screen captures you have a my_xu208_xhra (or something close). I do not have that. Should I.

Sorry. Feel like a bone head, but I just simply that unfamiliar with this tool.

Thanks!
Dan
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

After a closer inspection my toolchain does not offer the new expected application (app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra) for this migration.

I may have gimped something up during the merging process but observing that each application that DOES appear after the import offers more files inside their folder than this new application.

Here is the merged folder for this new application (does not appear after the import):

here is a random application that appears ok and does compile:

Wondering if we are missing some additional support files. Does anyone else have this working? Sent off an email to support. Let us wait for their comments.
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Believe have the compiler working for this target app. See here:

Did try a number of permutations but believe the one that worked is go back to your same workspace with the merged file download from yesterday -> the app for the xu208_xhra will be missing -> File -> New -> project based on existing application or module -> now use the Browse to locate this new app inside the sc_usb_audio folder -> select Finish -> after a few seconds this new app show now be a part of the source code tree.

Then select the app_usb_aud_xu208_xhra and proceed to compile. Takes a while but I can see a compiled .xe file now. Post your results.
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Hi All - I added the eclipse project files so that you can just "File>Import>Existing Projects into Workspace" now.
DHembree
Experienced Member

Post by DHembree »

Sorry for my lack of response...got pulled to a different project for a while.

Is the link in the first post of this thread updated with the added eclipse files?
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Is the link in the first post of this thread updated with the added eclipse files?
Yes. Please post back if you see any issues..
DHembree
Experienced Member

Post by DHembree »

Got it! No issues! Successful build...now on to modifying audiohw.xc, audiostreamstart, etc.

Thanks so much!
DHembree
Experienced Member

Post by DHembree »

One other quick question:
My hardware currently does not have JTAG capability. To do some initial testing and development I want to simply write a .bin file to an SPI flash using and external programmer, then install the flash device to my hardware to test. Does an appropriate .bin file exist already as a result of the build process (within Xtime)?