JTAG connection to StartKit

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
fosfor

Post by fosfor »

Thanks:) Also USB is working with user code on startKIT - I've succesfully compiled and run mouse HID "square demo" on tile[0].

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Care to tell what you have changed?
I changed the XMOS_XTAG2_PID to 0xf7d3 but it isn't working here (i think...).
No errors on loading but my computer will say that it doesn't recognize the USB device afterwards. (Windows 7).
mhelin

Post by mhelin »

Haven't got time to try it myself, but try disconnecting and reconnecting the startkit. Basically it transforms to USB mouse when you are running the runDynamic DOS application and needs drivers to be installed. Might be the app_l1_hid.h needs changes as well, check the XMOS HID USB Example project for PID, ports (.xn file) etc. stuff. Guess it should be configured for the U16A part, right?
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

Yeah it works fine on an XTAG2 here.
Considering the startKIT uses L1 silicon and the PHY must be connected to certain ports, I think that the example image provided should work on the startKIT as well.
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

For startkit you need to use libxud_su or whatever it is
called. Since the HID example app doesn't use any ports,
that's about it (not even a PHY reset port, nice nice).
fosfor

Post by fosfor »

Bianco wrote:Care to tell what you have changed?
Yep:) Just cleaning the lab and writing down all the notes I'm able to remember from last two days (weekend is ending...). It is all mentioned on our lab wiki (sorry, but rest of it is mainly in czech:).

To get a "square mouse" demo working, I used u8_noadc build of app_hid_mouse_demo in sc_usb_device (1.0.1) package.

What is not working for me is programming through xTAG-2 connected to TP1. Is this working for anybody? Did you connect it same way as mentioned on the page above? What target/XN file you are using? In my case code seems to be tranfered OK, but than I get this error:

Code: Select all

First stage multi-node boot started
xrun: First stage multi-node boot failed, please check XN file and Xmos link connectivity
BTW: are constructs used in STARTKIT.xn documented somewhere? RoutingId attribute in Node element, whole RoutingTable part, Nodes elements in Network, Link definition without link name? Is it something new in new architecture or is it only some hack to hide one tile on the U16A? Does anybody know?
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

See "XN specification".
fosfor

Post by fosfor »

segher wrote:See "XN specification".
None of the mentioned tags and attirbutes are explained there (version X3944B)... Neither in the HTML format, nor in the PDF one. (It is strange these two formats of the same version is not identical...)
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

Weird... I see them fine here. X3944B, 2013/11/11.
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

The HTML version of X3944B seems to be a copy of X3944A.

It doesn't document nodes without a package it seems; but
should be pretty obvious what it does ;-)