xvf3100

All technical discussions and projects around startKIT
mark-jack
Member++

xvf3100

Post by mark-jack »

How can I use the xvf3100's microphone to capture sound at a 48KHz sampling rate and transfer it to a PC via USB?Thank you very much, if you can provide an example。

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Do you need the far-field voice processing or just raw PCM capturing?

If you want the far-field stuff (beam former, AEC, AGC, NS etc..) then this runs at a fixed sample rate of 16kHz. However, the firmware can upsample this to 48kHz for you if you choose, although the voice band will still be 8kHz wide. Try something like the 1i2o2_cir43_48k build..

If you just want raw PCM at 48k then you can you can use 1i8o2 which will give you all 7 mics raw..

Use the vocalfusion speaker software here https://www.xmos.com/support/software/vfspeaker
mark-jack
Member++

Post by mark-jack »

Ok, thank you very much!
mark-jack
Member++

Post by mark-jack »

infiniteimprobability wrote:Do you need the far-field voice processing or just raw PCM capturing?

If you want the far-field stuff (beam former, AEC, AGC, NS etc..) then this runs at a fixed sample rate of 16kHz. However, the firmware can upsample this to 48kHz for you if you choose, although the voice band will still be 8kHz wide. Try something like the 1i2o2_cir43_48k build..

If you just want raw PCM at 48k then you can you can use 1i8o2 which will give you all 7 mics raw..

Use the vocalfusion speaker software here https://www.xmos.com/support/software/vfspeaker
Thank you for your help. Now I have a problem that the sampling rate of the microphone is given through the channel but how can I not find the sample rate that is transmitted in this channel? May I ask how can I change the sampling rate of the microphone through this channel?