Tell me more about simulation stimulus capability and test b Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Tell me more about simulation stimulus capability and test b

Post by sethu_jangala »

View Solution
sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

The XMOS simulator makes it possible to loop back any pin to any other pin. Using this mechanism, a model of an external interface can be programmed in XC and simulated on a virtual XCore in parallel with the device under test.
The XMOS simulator also supports user created plugins and testbenches, which can be used to model any external interface/peripherial/system. These are created in C/C++, and can act as an alternative to using the above pin loopback mechanism for verification of your embedded code. There are two ways in which this can be used:

Plugins: You can create plugins (dlls), which get called from XSIM each cycle and have access to the pins, switch, memory, etc. In this mode, XSIM is the master and the plugin is the slave.

Testbenches: In this mode the testbench is the master and XSIM is the slave. It is the job of the testbench to clock XSIM. Developers write the system layer (i.e. main), modelling any required devices, and again have access to the xcores pins, switches, memory etc.

For more information, see the example code in the Development Tools release.