Are there any plans for an XC-2 replacement? Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
jarnot
Member++

Are there any plans for an XC-2 replacement?

Post by jarnot »

Are there any plans for an XC-2 'replacement'?  Something with a newer processor and more I/O would be very useful.  The current offerings which support Ethernet are not very compact, and not well suited to embedding in instrumentation.  It would be really great if there was a way of programming the processor via Ethernet.

Are there any plans for an XC-2 'replacement'?  Something with a newer processor and more I/O would be very useful.  The current offerings which support Ethernet are not very compact, and not well suited to embedding in instrumentation.  It would be really great if there was a way of programming the processor via Ethernet.

View Solution
andygothard

Post by andygothard »

Hi Jarnot

There are no plans as far as I know at the moment - but I'll feed your comments back to the product management group here at XMOS.  I guess that sliceKIT would be physically too large for your purposes?

AndyG

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

XMOS provide APIs to do firmware upgarde  without the use of xTAG. You can find more information about infield-firmware upgrade in the "Design and manufacture systems with flash memory" section of the xTIMEcomposer user guide.

Sethu.

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

How about the L16 control board as a replacement for the XC-2?

http://www.xmos.com/products/xkits/star ... trol-board

It's bigger than the XC-2, but has integrated Ethernet PHY (100Mbps), flash, supports xSCOPE debugging etc. It also has a nice little display on it, a few buttons and a decent ADC (12b with dual converters) which is electrically isolated.

Similar pricing too..

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... 7?WT.z_cid