DFU failure on the Hi-Res 2 DAC/HPA Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
Kasebe
Member++

DFU failure on the Hi-Res 2 DAC/HPA

Post by Kasebe »

I have tried firmware upgrade on Hi-Res 2 DAC/HPA and Windows 7.

However, it has 2 issues.

1. Connecting USB3.0 I/F makes FW upgrade failure with  C:\Program Files\XMOS\USBAudioStDriver_3066\xmosusbaudiost3066_dfuapp.exe. USB2.0 I/F connection works fine.Does a Windows7-USB3.0 connection have something troubles?

2. Modified default.cfg to my conpany's Vendor ID/Product ID and made default.bin with xCORE-Audio-Software\xConfigurator_1_0_0\bin\Win32\xConfigurator.exe. However, it looks modifed configuration doesn't work fine.(It remains XMOS default behavior.) Can I change VID/PID from XMOS VID/PID?

Thanks & Regards.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Solution
krishnabalan
Member++

Post by krishnabalan »

Hi,

In Section 2.3 of the configuration user guide (that comes with the xConfigurator utility) says that the customized firmware binary has to be flashed on to the QSPI flash using an external programmer.  DFU does NOT support programming customized firmware binary.

Changing VID, PID etc requires generating the customized firmware binary using the xConfigurator utility and flashing it using an external QSPI flash programmer tool to flash memory.

In the xCORE-AUDIO configuration guide, section 2 (Flash configuration) discusses the binary layout of the QSPI flash.  The customized firmware binary includes both the encrypted firmware image and the configuration bytes.  But DFU only supports upgrading the encrypted firmware image NOT the configuration bytes.  Detailed information on the configuration bytes etc can be found in the XHRA-2HPA datasheet.

The DFU upgrade image can be found in the XHRA-2HPA firmware package https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?pro ... nent=19657 

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Krishna