XHRA-2HPA development target xTimecomposer Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
natee

XHRA-2HPA development target xTimecomposer

Post by natee »

I am just starting out with XMOS and I've been playing with a Hi-Res Audio board (https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18340). I've got it playing audio, have used the xConfigurator to try and turn one of the lights off, but found the DFU doesnt support that from anohter question here. (The DFUApp says it completes successfully with the new binary, but the lights still turn on)

Now I'm digging around the xTimeComposer 14 and the examples. I want to create a project for the XHRA-2HPA but dont see a build target for it when creating a new project. Is this not supported or is there a plugin I need?

Thanks,

View Solution
krishnabalan
Member++

Post by krishnabalan »

Hi,

The XHRA-2HPA is a fixed function audio device and there by doesn't support usual xTIMEcomposer based programming or projects.  If you would like to use xTIMEcomposer and the USB audio reference design software, then you have to go for xCORE-200 devices which are highly flexible and completely programmable.

In case of XHRA-2HPA the customized firmware generated out of xConfigurator should be programmed to the Quad SPI flash memory using a suitable third party QSPI programmer, please note DFU does NOT support flashing customized firmware generated by xConfigurator.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Krishna

haiderkb

Post by haiderkb »

Any recommendations regards programmers for QSPI?
Haider