XSCOPE on XEF232-1024-FB374-C40 Device

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
fabian
New User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:13 pm

XSCOPE on XEF232-1024-FB374-C40 Device

Postby fabian » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Hello, everybody,

I'm working on a project using a XEF232-1024-FB374-C40 Device and I'm
having some trouble using XSCOPE via xLink0 on tile[0] while using
xTIMEcomposer 14.3.

While using some examples like AN00239 and running xrun --xscope
--verbose bin/AN00239.xe I can see that setup and application images
are loaded and xSCOPE is enabled on every tile (tile[0] to tile
[3]). Also "First stage multi-node boot completed" is shown.

But there is no terminal output from the applications
debug_printf-code-seqments. Actually xrun stops printing output to
terminal after printing "xSCOPE enabled on tile3 at address 0x4000c".

I enabled XSCOPE according to the guidelines which were mentioned in this forum:
1. Defined Xscope Link in the device XN file
<Nodes>
<Node Id="4" Type="device:" RoutingId="0x8000">
<Service Id="0" Proto="xscope_host_data(chanend c);">
<Chanend Identifier="c" end="3"/>
</Service>
</Node>
</Nodes>
<Links>
<Link Encoding="2wire" Delays="5clk" Flags="XSCOPE">
<LinkEndpoint NodeId="0" Link="XL0"/>
<LinkEndpoint NodeId="4" Chanend="1"/>
</Link>
</Links>

2. Wrote xSCOPEconfig ioMode="basic" enabled="true" into config.xscope
3. Used the build-option -fxscope and
4. Set the Target IO options to xscope.

I tried a lot of examples which all are working fine on the
XCore200 ExplorerKit. But when using my custom-board none of them does.

When using my custom-board with JTAG-IO everything is fine too.

So, are there any hints what I'm doing wrong or is there something I
am missing?

Do you know how I can proof if there is something going wrong with the
xLink0 on tile[0]?

Thank you very much.
User avatar
andrewxcav
Active Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:10 pm
Contact:

Postby andrewxcav » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 pm

I am actually having a similar problem right now. My next debug step is going to be throwing in a few xscope probes, and seeing if I can run the real time xscope in xTimeComposer.

Assuming that works the problem is likely with the print statements and not the underlying xscope communication path.
User avatar
Ross
XCore Expert
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:33 am

Please attach your full XN file
User avatar
Ross
XCore Expert
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 am

Try adding some delays..


Code: Select all

 <Links>
    <Link Encoding="2wire" Delays="4,4" Flags="XSCOPE">
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="0" Link="XL0"/>
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="3" Chanend="1"/>
    </Link>
  </Links>


Return to “Q&A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RitaEnsup and 10 guests