XN-File and code generation

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
fabian
Member++

XN-File and code generation

Post by fabian »

Hello, all.

If I get it right, the XN-File is a kind of high level description of the underlying hardware. So the xTIMEcomposer takes this XN-File and generates all the low-level code which is needed to setup the hardware. Is this right or wrong? If so, is there the possibility to take a look at the generated code?

Best regards.

andrew
Experienced Member

Post by andrew »

You can see the generated .h file by switching on -save-temps. To do this add -save-temps to the XCC_FLAGS line of you Makefile, i.e.
XCC_FLAGS = -O2 -g -save-temps
The do a full build. When it's done look for the file named "my_xn_file".h in the .build directory. for example: XCORE-200-EXPLORER.h for the xn of XCORE-200-EXPLORER.xn.

Hope that helps
fabian
Member++

Post by fabian »

Hello Andrew.

Thank you for this information. So I built a project using the -save-temps option and checked the generated files. But I'm a little bit suprised that there is so less code. In fact there are some rows of declarations which is good to know for sure. But I'm still missing some code instructions which are used to setup the xcore like write_tile_config_reg, write_node_config_reg etc.. Where is all the code stuff which implements the network or connects the LinkEndpoints?
Seems that these informations are all included in the assembler files, aren't they?