XTAG issues on Windows10

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
cl-b

XTAG issues on Windows10

Post by cl-b »

Connection with xtag3 is unstable in windows 10
I always need to replug, reboot or press the refresh list button several time for it to work
Is it possible to update the firmware on xtag to solve the problem?

It always end with "target connection failed"

Any ideas ?

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Suggestions only:

1) try another fresh cable - be sure the cable is certified for USB 2.0 HS use and marked so accordingly

2) keep the USB cables short as possible for best signal integrity

3) try different USB ports on your box - found the best results with the blue insulator ports which are usually linked to USB 3.1 gen 1 (aka USB 3.0) ports

4) If available, you could try to use a powered USB hub and see if that improves your success rate

Personally believe the USB IP is not perfected. The IP is held in OTP ROM so cannot be changed. Based on using many other USB driven kits from different vendors, really should not have to jump through a ring of fire followed with a walk like a poodle on front 2 paws before this all works. Other vendor kits are working fine using the same set of parameters and physical box - often with longer USB cables.

You can try to the delay variable noted for Windows 7 use which may help out on Windows 10:

http://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=47 ... 484#p21484

Post your results either way.
cl-b

Post by cl-b »

Suggestions only:
mon2 wrote: 1) try another fresh cable - be sure the cable is certified for USB 2.0 HS use and marked so accordingly
No change
mon2 wrote:2) keep the USB cables short as possible for best signal integrity
No change
mon2 wrote:3) try different USB ports on your box - found the best results with the blue insulator ports which are usually linked to USB 3.1 gen 1 (aka USB 3.0) ports
No change
mon2 wrote:4) If available, you could try to use a powered USB hub and see if that improves your success rate
No change
mon2 wrote:Personally believe the USB IP is not perfected. The IP is held in OTP ROM so cannot be changed. Based on using many other USB driven kits from different vendors, really should not have to jump through a ring of fire followed with a walk like a poodle on front 2 paws before this all works. Other vendor kits are working fine using the same set of parameters and physical box - often with longer USB cables.

You can try to the delay variable noted for Windows 7 use which may help out on Windows 10:

http://www.xcore.com/viewtopic.php?f=47 ... 484#p21484

Post your results either way.
I add XMOS_XTAG_WINDOWS7_STARTUP_TIME with the value 500 and reboot the system, but nothing change. Debugger can be used several times without error and then without any modifications it cannot be used. I have to plug, unplug many times before I can use it again
It's a big waste of time
Sergey

Post by Sergey »

I can confirm that completely. I have all the same problems as the topic starter. All I could to do is to go to the XTAG 2.