"internal error" - Unable to flash binary onto XMOS

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
tonetechnician

"internal error" - Unable to flash binary onto XMOS

Post by tonetechnician »

Hello!

I'm having issues with xTimeComposer since I upgraded to Mac OSx high Sierra v10.13.1. Whenever I try flash to my device using xTag, I get error message:

"An internal error occurred during: "Launching <my project>"."

I downloaded latest xTimeComposer IDE (v14.3.2) in the hopes it will resolve this issue but it has not. I have a colleague at my university who also has this same issue since updating to high sierra.

I know I can run virtual machine with older version/linux, but this requires more setup time.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

Hi, it looks like the changes Mac OSx high Sierra v10.13.1 has caused issues with the IDE. I'm afraid there is no immediate fix (other than OSX version rollback) although I can assure you that this is issue has been raised and we are aware of the inconvenience. Support for OSX/Win/Linux is very important so this will be addressed. I don't have timescale yet but we will update this when known.

In the mean time a work-around (which I am sure you have already sussed) is to drop back to the command prompt for flashing:

Code: Select all

xflash <path_to_my_binary.xe>
tonetechnician

Post by tonetechnician »

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, the IDE has become very unstable with the Sierra update. As well as being unable to flash, the IDE crashes randomly when trying to build a project, or moving between projects.

I will wait upon the xTIME update that fixes this, luckily I have a windows 10 machine which I have since been using with no problem :)

Best
rkn

Post by rkn »

Any news on this issue? I have the same problem and was hoping that xTIMEcomposer 14.3.3 will solve the issue but it did not. I am running macOS 10.13.6.
Downloading and running an application does work, only flashing the binary does not work. I am getting the same error message as above.

Raphael
rkn

Post by rkn »

Still no progress and no answer?
rkn

Post by rkn »

push