Some Guidance Requested

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
ACR_Ovation

Some Guidance Requested

Post by ACR_Ovation »

Hello,
I am developing a USB + S/PDIF, TOSLINK dac board with the CS4398. Production volumes will be low (10-20 units a month).

1. What is the recommended development board - XCORE multi channel or the XCORE Slice Kit?
2. Since production volumes are low, I ideally need a processor with internal FLASH. Can I develop code on the XCORE-200 and download this to a XUF208-128-TQ64-C10 target via JTAG?
3. After rooting around on the XMOS website for a few days, I am assuming that the varoius libraries written for the XCORE-200 series can be easily poerted to the XU series. Is this the case?

Thank you

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

2. Yes. Xuf have an internal flash. Not sure if it is cheaper since you can always shop around for external flash devices and can choose their density to suit your needs.

3. Yes.

Be sure to watch the power sequence for the voltage rails. Proper in rush protection with esd protection for usb vbus and data lines. Very critical. Usb impedance control for the relative traces.
infiniteimprobability
XCore Legend

Post by infiniteimprobability »

1. What is the recommended development board - XCORE multi channel or the XCORE Slice Kit?
For an app like this, no question, XCORE multi channel board. it's got all of the necessary connections and hardware (eg. PLL for rx clock recovery) and has handy PTHs for putting headers in to connect to your own HW. It's back in stock now.
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?Key ... -216-MC-AB
ACR_Ovation

Post by ACR_Ovation »

Thanks for the replies - appreciate it. This get me going in the right direction