Can't get usb audio to work on xcore 200 MC audio Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Can't get usb audio to work on xcore 200 MC audio

Post by xlordofpainx »

Hey guys.
I have xcore-200 xw-audio2016-mc-ab
So i am trying to get the usb audio going - followed the steps downloaded the existing projects, downloaded the usb2 evaluation driver. i select the app_usb_aud_xk 2016 mc, i build and flash it. Buuut when i have the board plugged 1usb to microusb to the board and 1 usb to microusb to the tag, i cannot hear sond when i have plugged my headphones in the outputs. another problem is that when setuping the evaluation driver is am asked at the final step to unplug- plug the xmos -but nothing happens - i press later and it gets minimized- when clicked it says that nothing is connected. Thank you in advance - really excited to get this working.

View Solution
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Which operating system are you running? Windows ? Linux?

If Windows, go to Device Manager -> do you see this board being enumerated and then installs or do you see a yellow marked device? Or perhaps nothing at all?

Are your USB cables from this kit or sourced elsewhere?
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

normally windows 10, but we also tried on Linux. the Cables are from the kit. It is seen as an audio device, but the xmos audio software(the driver thing) does not recognise it.
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

Sooooo after 10 e-mails i was able to get it to work. The problem was without a doubt the driver provided by XMOS for the xCore-200 MC AP. It is a bit unfortunate that the support we/I are getting from XMOS is a bit less than expected. Thanks mon2 for the support, we will be engaging a lot more in the next 5 months.

If someone is interested in the solution(the working driver) e-mail me MarioLN.email@gmail.com. The usb audio works just fine
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Funny. I never had a problem with that board using the Thesycon demo driver and Windows 7 x64, nor with Linux running the built in Linux driver for UAC2. The drivers should be solid. More than likely something you did, not XMOS. ;-)
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

Well. there isn't much to it. Download driver follow 3 steps. driver is installed, flash the right file. Get USB audio. After using the new driver I got from another company it worked instantly. Could you uninstall your current driver and install the current driver available from XMOS. I am interested in the result.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

I'll try that when I need to use the UAC2 again, working on a ton other stuff right now (AVB). Good luck with your development!
xlordofpainx
Experienced Member

Post by xlordofpainx »

Thaaanks. Good luck to you too.