flash on mic boards

Voice related projects and technical discussions
pisljar
New User

flash on mic boards

Postby pisljar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 am

Hello,

i am trying to find where in the source code is the flash on microphone board accessed ? (i would like to remove that part of code as i don't want that flash there)
could someone please point me to the right source file ?

thanks!
xsamc

Postby xsamc » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 am

Hi pisljar,

As far as I know all of the microphone array boards feature xCORE or VocalFusion chips with builtin flash.
Which code base are you running on your board? I would expect that the only times the flash was accessed would be during boot (unless the debug adaptor is used to boot the board via JTAG) and during a Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) operation.

Cheers,
Sam
pisljar
New User

Postby pisljar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi xsamc, thanks for your reply

i am using sw_vocalfusion (software which came with xvf3100 demo board with circular microphone array). We are developing our own board with xvf3100 and would like to remove unnecesarry components. I was told that flash on the microphone boards is not really needed, and that its just there to make swapping of microphone boards easy. So in our design we don't have this flash chip,

actually, there is nothing on I2C slave in our design ... on the demo board there are 3 devices connected to this i2c bus:
- clock source : not needed as our main cpu provides the clock
- dac: not needed as our main cpu is controlling the dac
- microphone board flash: i was told its not needed

so i need to remove/update the software to work with the modified board (it should not try to access/configure clock source, dac or mic board flash)

i found the code for clock source configuration and dac, and i think i can remove them without changing too much, however i can't figure out where microphone board flash is being accessed.

thanks
Ross
XCore Expert

Postby Ross » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:00 am

Its used for booting and from the field upgrade code.

Return to “Voice”