GPS Almanac TCP/IP Server

otitov
XCore Addict

GPS Almanac TCP/IP Server

Post by otitov »

GPS Almanac TCP/IP server will provide almanac network based distribution to flashless GPS navigators and hot-fix service for faster position adquisition.

Almanac contains all information about GPS satellites constellation. Knowing the almanac permits perform calculation and determine current position. Usually it can take up to 20 minutes to download whole almanac directly from satellites. Its time to live is about 4 hours. Providing network based distribution service will help to faster aquire current position.
Read

otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

GPS receiver arrived today, so I can start wiring
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

It took me mostly 2 months (eeek), to wire GPS receiver to XC-2 board.

Just, you know, Xmass, New Year, Chanukkah, orthodox Xmass, Old New Year, new bills, taxes, rainy weather...

Anyway, the circuit is wired, a skeleton for application is defined. Today I wrote UART code and tested it to send some bits and bytes to host computer via JTAG, communication with GPS module is also written, but have not been tested - I need to write a channel to interchange data between 2 cores, not a big thing, but require some time.

Please, stay tuned!
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

testing picture uploading.

on picture - XC-2 wired to GPS receiver.
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

Spent all day debugging strange output from GPS module. Jordi from DIY Drones really saved me - following his instructions I was able to make work quite well the GPS module (with Arduino help).

Bad side - my UART implementation fails with this module at some point, need to run some debugging on XC-2.

What a fun I will have!
otitov
XCore Addict

Post by otitov »

shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Nice work!, its really graphical, this is going to be a great tool for countless applications. Robots, UAV's, edge of earth satellite, astronomy, anything mobile. Someday I shall dig deeper into GPS . I think of it being so crucial to so many apps these days.

Topographic!

PS hear ya on the time thing, xmas tax lalala ... yes, take your time your work is art, no need for stress...