G4th

DrFingersSchaefer
Experienced Member

G4th

Post by DrFingersSchaefer »

The projects objectives are to create a Forth for the G4 processor (Hence G4th), more than likely in assembler, initially something like the ANS/ISO spec and then add in any necessary extras to make best expose/use of all the native features of the processor.
Does anyone else have Forth experience or interested in taking part ??
This is a group for if you have/are.
Read

"Dr Fingers Schaefer, The Lobotomy Kid"
Caesar ad sum iam forti
Brutus ad erat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at
:ugeek:
DrFingersSchaefer
Experienced Member

Anyone got any ideas what to add as a Logo or picture.

All I can think of right now is the letters G4th on some background or other but it feels a bit lame.....

Anyone got any sugestions ??
Caesar ad sum iam forti
Brutus ad erat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at
DrFingersSchaefer
Experienced Member

OK, The first cut of the project files are ready for me to upload, but unfortunately the upload looks to be struggling. I think Jason is currently looking into this for us.

The package when I get it up loaded has in it the first cut of the project files with all of the ANS Forth 1994 word list included as comments, a simple makefile IDE for Ubuntu, a text file copy of the ANS Forth 1994 standard for reference.

The source files are written to be preprocessed using the Gnu m4 macro language before being assembled with the XDE from a command line.

Running make without parameters shows the usage as does "make usage". I will get around to adding a readme.txt file soon.
Caesar ad sum iam forti
Brutus ad erat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at
DrFingersSchaefer
Experienced Member

Many thanks to Jason for uploading the files I was struggling with, they are now available for download from the project pages.

All comments and feedback welcome.
Caesar ad sum iam forti
Brutus ad erat
Caesar sic in omnibus
Brutus sic in at
shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

Hello Folk,
Never having programed in forth I can't rightly say what I believe would be the best aspects of forth on Xcore. The father of Forth I believe has a core of his own called Seaforth. The little monster has 40 cores @ 700mhz 18bit... I have glossed over forth for years now here and there. Its a great Language. It was built on a PDP, Its has a strong history. It not a big language but that its niche, tight code. Like C in its original glory, a tight hack, not so pretty though, C that is. If you think 4th good on X or not say why, what for, how much support is it worth?

Shawn