XDevTools

octal
XCore Addict

XDevTools

Post by octal »

This group will concentrate on the creation and enhancement of development boards and on compilers/interpreters for XMOS devices.

With dev boards, we mean from simple XMOS stamp format board, to full fledged dev boards that can accept plugin modules based on various XMOS micros.

For the compilers/Interpreters, the main area of work will be the development of embedded languages compilers or interpreters (basic, pascal, java, javascript, forth, ...) (depending on needs).
The main goal is to have a group where we can discuss and bring suggestions and try to coordinate work of various members of the XCORE community.
Read

octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Hello,
I started planning to make a dev board for XMOS devices development. The idea is to make an universal dev board (something like EasyPIC32).

What I want to know, is:
1- is it interresting to have something like the LV32 board (generic dev board with mcu socket)? http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view ... nt-system/
2- or have a specialized dev board like PIC32MX7 http://www.mikroe.com/eng/products/view ... -pic32mx7/

3- if you vote for choice #1, do you think it's better to have the MCU on a DIMM socket, or to have it on a DIP like micro-mcu module?
octal
XCore Addict

Post by octal »

Hello,
I'm mainly using C compilers for various microcontrollers, so XC has not been too difficult to learn for XMOS devices developement.

In order to make XMOS platforms more attractive to new commers and to hobbists (mainly for robotics):

1- do you think it's interresting to try to develop a BASIC or PASCAL language compiler (native compiler) for XMOS devices?
2- do you think an embedded interpreter (PCode virtual machine, code will be tockenized on PC like BASIC STAMP) could be attractive?
3- do you think that a product like a BASIC STAMP with a completely embedded basic interpreter can be attractive?