PCB Fab

Non-technical related questions should go here.
AtomSoft
XCore Addict

PCB Fab

Post by AtomSoft »

I usually use OSHPark but some XMOS are BGA and i would like to know if anyone knows of a PCB Fab house that can do BGA PCBs.

MatCat

Post by MatCat »

AtomSoft wrote:I usually use OSHPark but some XMOS are BGA and i would like to know if anyone knows of a PCB Fab house that can do BGA PCBs.
What makes you think OSH Park can't handle BGA? I just checked DIGIKEY and the craziest BGA XCore has is 512FBGA and the pin pitch is almost 32mils, more then good enough for OSH Park.
AtomSoft
XCore Addict

Post by AtomSoft »

BGA parts i use are 0.5mm pitch... and that being said OSHPark can not handle that.

There are some parts that are 1mm spaced and 0.8mm (~32mil) that can be done but i dont use have any. So based on what i have i can not use them.

I do use them for EVERYTHING ELSE... i just got some boards in today.. Have to get some new tweezers (cant find mines :( )
MatCat

Post by MatCat »

AtomSoft wrote:BGA parts i use are 0.5mm pitch... and that being said OSHPark can not handle that.

There are some parts that are 1mm spaced and 0.8mm (~32mil) that can be done but i dont use have any. So based on what i have i can not use them.

I do use them for EVERYTHING ELSE... i just got some boards in today.. Have to get some new tweezers (cant find mines :( )
Yeah 0.5mm pitch would be a bit tight for their hole accuracy, what chip are you using that has 0.5mm pitch?