XC programming guide

Non-technical related questions should go here.
rp181
Respected Member

XC programming guide

Post by rp181 »

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but the code in the XC programming guide does not compile due to an extra space. When I copy-paste into the XDE, there is always a space netween the ':' and the '>' in ":>" or "<:" so it is ": >", and does not compile.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Actually quite a few of the examples don't compile even when you fix the spaces, beware ;-)
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

I don't know if this is a problem for everyone, but the code in the XC programming guide does not compile due to an extra space. When I copy-paste into the XDE, there is always a space netween the ':' and the '>' in ":>" or "<:" so it is ": >", and does not compile.
Hello

Thank you for letting us know

I am unable to reproduce your problem on OS X + Preview as well as Windows XP + Acrobat Reader 9

If you can provide any additional details, it would help greatly in fixing this. Particularly, your OS version, PDF viewer version and which code segments you are trying to copy and paste

You can reply here or create a support ticket at http://www.xmos.com/support
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

oops, not the programming guide, but the XC-1A dev kit tutorial, such as page 4. I am on Okular, Archlinux 64bit.
Berni
Respected Member

Post by Berni »

Try the tutorials that are built in to the development tools. They show you how to do the basic stuff.

oh and btw the documentation is quite lacking around XC, especially the special xcore features like channels and ports.(Please xmos give us some more documentation)
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Indeed, as the other have pointed out, do try the tutorials - they are great when getting started.

Also, in addition, I shall hopefully be putting up a short video on an introduction to XC - not sure when it will go up yet (hopefully pretty soon), but keep on the look out for when I announce it in the XCore news/front-page.