The official XS1-SU1 discussion thread

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

Anyone know anything? I see Future now claims to have stock, but they're in "bouncer" mode -- you have to convince them you're cool enough to order one, which would be a weird way to act with production parts. But maybe we're close?

JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

Can it be? As of today (yes I check daily), 880-1064-ND is a valid part # at Digikey (for the XS1-U8A-64-FB96-C5, which is what XMOS is calling the XS1-SU01A-FB96-C5 under the new scheme). $16 at qty=1, no stock, and the official delivery date has passed so the back-order system has no guess.

This is the first new part to come out since I've been XMOSsing so I don't know how to translate "marketing" availability (1Q12 if I remember right) to "actual" availability, but at least it's progress! I back-ordered a handful (no point in going all-in on early-rev stuff?) to put in these poor lonely prototype PCBs that have been sitting here waiting.
Brilldea

Post by Brilldea »

JohnWilson -

I am glad you have been following the XS1. I had interest in it for a while too, but have been put off by the lack of availability and communication about this device's availability. Recently I was on XMOS site and saw it still wasn't available. I recall reading something about contacting XMOS, so it makes me wonder if they were not going to fully support or sell this chip or if they have just had trouble producing it or what.

Anyone know anything more?
JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

I figure "Contact Sales" is just marketing-talk for "not available", although if you're able to impress them with how many million units you'll buy per year, I'm sure they'll try to dig up an engineering sample from whatever they've had made so far for their own internal testing.

Where was I when the prices went up on all the XS1-L parts? (At least in small qtys.)

Anyway Digikey still thinks they're getting the first U8As last Friday, so I'll cling to the hope that that will come true within a month or so. I've got a whole bunch of evil schemes in mind for that part...
JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

STOCK!!! Sweet glorious stock! (At Digikey, for the -C5.)