xConfigurator - how is launched? Topic is solved

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
fotis

xConfigurator - how is launched?

Post by fotis »

Hi

I try to launch the xConfigurator utility just for testing. My PC OS is Windows 7 pro 64 bit. When the xConfigurator is launched, it instantly opens and close a MSDOS window. I can't see anything else.
Is that normal? How does xConfigurator produces the binary file for the flash memory?
Attached is a picture of the "default.cfg" file opened from my programming device. Is this hex file ready to flash the QSPI memory?

Thanks

Fotis
Attachments
config.jpg
(363.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
config.jpg
(363.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet

View Solution
henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

Hi Fotis,

You probably have to run xconfigurator from the command line.

Cheers,
Henk
fotis

Post by fotis »

henk wrote:Hi Fotis,

You probably have to run xconfigurator from the command line.

Cheers,
Henk
Hi Henk

Thank you so much for the reply.
I tried it but... see in the attached picture what shows the msdos command line.
What is going wrong?
Attachments
msdos.jpg
(60.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
msdos.jpg
(60.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

Hi,

Yes, you need to create a configuration file, for example the one that came in the ZIP file (default.cfg for example). In the ZIP file you will also find a PDF directory with an "xCORE-AUDIO configuration guide" that will be helpful; it explains the syntax of the configuration file.

Note that this will help you to build a flash image that will make the device configure itself on boot-up. If you want to configure the device whilst it is running (for example, you want to set the volume, sample rate, etc) you will have to use the tools that your O/S offers.

Cheers,
Henk
fotis

Post by fotis »

Thanks Henk for the advice

Job done!

However a more precise guidance is as follows:

1) After unpacking the downloaded ZIP file a new directory xCORE-AUDIO-configuration-utility_1.0.0 is created in Downloads

2) Locate the xConfigurator.exe file found in subfolder. Cut and paste the file in Downloads.

3) The two configuration files hi_res_2_dac__hpa.cfg and default.cfg also are into xCORE-AUDIO-configuration-utility_1.0.0 directory. Cut and paste both files in Downloads

4) From the Windows start menu select Accessories and then click on Command Prompt C:\ . A MSDOS window opens and the command line usualy is C:\users\your pc name\Downloads>.

5) To open the hi_res_2_dac__hpa.cfg type exactly the following in the command line:

xConfigurator -c hi_res_2_dac_hpa.cfg -o custom_xhra_firmware.bin

Press ENTER and the binary file will be created again under the Downloads directory.
You can locate the binary file under the group file BIN

Thank you

Fotis
dutcher

Post by dutcher »

I don't understand the last part
dutcher

Post by dutcher »

I have the same problem but don't know how to fix it