XHRA-2HPA No I2S Data

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
just280
Member++

XHRA-2HPA No I2S Data

Post by just280 »

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting any audio out of my USB to I2S bridge using the XHRA-2HPA. The device enumerates fine on my PC and I can observe activity on the BCLK and LRCK pins but no activity on the DOUT pin? I know the flash chip configuration is fine as I have swapped it from a working demo board. Also there seems to be no audio from the SPDIF out either.

larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Is audio definitely streaming to your device from the host? Is the device selected for audio output? Are you able to change sample rates and see LRCLK change accordingly?
just280
Member++

Post by just280 »

Yes audio is definitely streaming from the host as I have a fully working xmos demo board.
The LRCH changes in accordance to what is specified on the host too, 44KHz up to 192KHz. Still nothing on DOUT pin 2 or SPDIF pin 42. FYI the circuit is identical to the XMOS headphone demo board and I have swapped the si5351A and flash chips over just to eliminate them.
larry
Respected Member

Post by larry »

Is your configuration I2S master or slave? What is the datecode of your XHRA-2HPA part? Did you purchase it through DigiKey?
lorenzochiesi

Post by lorenzochiesi »

Try to look to my post...I had similar problem...

https://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... it=#p25731
just280
Member++

Post by just280 »

Thank you lorenzochiesi for your suggestion but I can't see what the similarity's are between your post my my post?

I have a second board made and it too has the same issue... USB enumerates fine and windows see's device. I play an audio file and still no i2s data!! sample rate on LRCK changes according to what I select on windows. And by the way the XMOS demo board works fine!!! What am I missing?

The device date code is GT162101.
lorenzochiesi

Post by lorenzochiesi »

Sorry, I came across your post while having similar problem (no I2S data on wire)...I have not read carefully your post: my problems are on recording I2S signal generated by an ADC that XMOS demo code for some reason will not initialize correctly keeping it in reset.

Now I read better and your problem is not related because is a playback problem and I2S shoud be generated from XMOS device...

Are you shure that is a software problem? have you checked if for some reason your I2S pcb track is not pulled low from some device or short?
Lorenzo
just280
Member++

Post by just280 »

My first board had the i2s data connected to a DAC and the second board has no DAC fitted as I am waiting for stock. I have inspected and the i2s track and it has no shorts, to be honest it is a very short track.