XHRA-2HPA HID Inputs

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
amc184

XHRA-2HPA HID Inputs

Post by amc184 »

I'm looking at using the XHRA-2HPA processor as part of a standalone DAC. I'd like to use the HID controls.

The only information xCORE-AUDIO configuration guide is the following:
xCORE-AUDIO device supports HID inputs over GPI pins for audio control like play, pause, mute, etc. By default, this option is not enabled. It can be enabled by setting the HID_INPUTS_ENABLE option to 1. Technically, the xCORE-AUDIO device always enumerates an HID interface, but the HID button states are reported to the host only when this option is enabled.
The datasheet has the following function (or similar) for each GPI pin:
Programmable input;
Alternate function: PLAY_PAUSE – HID play/pause button input
I'm planning on using a configuration file rather than the hardware configuration straps, with HID_INPUTS_ENABLE set to 1. How can I expect the GPI interface to behave?

Do they behave the same as when using the straps, with the input performing the function listed as 'alternate function'?

Do they need to be configured, like the label 'programmable input' label implies? If so, is any information available about how this is done?

henk
Respected Member

Post by henk »

As far as I know you simply set the HID_EN bit high in the configuration file, and all input buttons become active, which will be equivalent to setting HID_INPUTS_ENABLE to 1.

At a guess the programmable input refers to possible future extensions.