How can I use analog microphones with the XMOS Processor

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
DDMW

How can I use analog microphones with the XMOS Processor

Post by DDMW »

Hello,

I want to use analog microphones with the XMOS Vocal Fusion Board. Is that possible? If so, how could I implement this?

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards,

DDMW

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi. The general idea is to review the applied CODEC component in the design. Download the full datasheet or search for it on Google. Sometimes the CODEC manufacturer will release the full datasheet only under a NDA (non disclosure agreement) so once in a while you can find the full datasheet posted by somewhere. The CODEC datasheet should offer details on how an analog microphone can be supported, if at all.

BTW: We are about to review similar concepts for a far field microphone pickup and from our last review, Infineon has the best suited and best rated microphone and pretty sure that is the same microphone applied by XMOS for these designs. So unless you have a specific reason to deviate away from the Infineon microphones, you have a very good and working solution already.
Thomas
Experienced Member

Post by Thomas »

The XVF chips have PDM interfaces for digital microphones. That means Analog microphones are not supported out of the box.