using DFU in audio class 1.0

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
ffomich
Experienced Member

Post by ffomich »

I have tested USB-Audio-2.0-Device-Software_6.12.5.zip. This issue is fixed.

Lorien

Post by Lorien »

Hello! How about 6.12.6? I tried it a couple of days in a row without any success! Changed customdefines accordingly (enable DFU), make the .bin file using --factory-version 13.0 (the smallest no at disposal) and still nothing.
The EE on my board was loaded with DFU in 3.33 firmware version and 6.12.6 doesn't work with it.
If I load the 6.12.6 by default in the EE chip and try to update it through DFU it works ?!
Does 6.12.6 act like this on your side too?
as for me, I'll try 6.12.5 and see what's happen...
Kind regards,
L
ffomich
Experienced Member

Post by ffomich »

Hi, Lorien.

DFU in project 6.12.6 also works fine.

What driver and utility do you use to test DFU?

I tested DFU with Thesycon TUSBAudio Evaluation driver v2.23.0 and TUSBAudioDfu.exe Win application.
My test was:
- create firmware with DFU enabled, flash it into board with XTAG;
- convert firmware to bin file;
- launch upgrade app and upgrade flash with the same bin file;
- upgrade process must end successfully.

Can DFU in 3.33 firmware upgrade to the same 3.33 firmware?
Lorien

Post by Lorien »

Hello,
thank you for your post!
I'm working with Thesycon driver version 2.29.
For the "revert to factory defaults" mode I'm using the associated dfucons.exe file that came with 2.29 driver pack.
Regarding the "default" factory image written on the EE memory, it's an older 3.31 version which was built with xTimeComposer 11.11.1 (as I still have it installed here, besides latest 14.0.4 variant from XMOS).
I remember that, at some point, I used 6.6.0 reference software ver. with it and it worked. I dig in for a couple of days to solve the error which said that I have to use the "--factory-version" option but, at that time, - since the xTimeComposer version I was working with had 13.xx number - the options for --factory-version were 10, 11 and 12!
NOW, with 14.0.4 I'm only seeing, 13, 13.1, 13.2 and 14.0 (if I remember right) but I know precisely there's no mention of 'older' versions!

I'm wondering what I have to do now... since it's VERY sad knowing that my customized software is working but I cannot use the DFU feature to upload it into EEPROMs.

I hope there's a solutions to this issue!
Lucian

P.S. Few moments ago I've finished testing with 6.12.5 but still without any luck! I guess its all related to that damn --factory-version option that cannot be set to 11 (as I need!) in xTimeComposer Command Prompt window! I'm sorry for my language but I really begin to be frustrated by this!

P.P.S. Should I try to install xTimeComposer 13.xx just for the xflash utility and try from there?