MC Audio platform issue with AN00162/AN00202

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
MikeColeLSU
New User

MC Audio platform issue with AN00162/AN00202

Post by MikeColeLSU »

I have built both application notes with no changes made from XMOS provided code and flashed them, one at a time, onto the MC Audio platform.

When AN00162 is flashed, only analog inputs 1-2 and outputs 1-2 pass audio. No other ports pass audio.

Similarly, when flashing AN00202, only analog inputs 1-2 pass audio, with no analog outputs passing audio. Additionally, in multitrack recording software (reaper), the device is seen as an 8 channel device, however, the audio from inputs 1-2 appears when selecting any of the 8 inputs as source in the DAW. All AVB functionality seems to be functioning correctly.

I suspect that my unit may be damaged but wanted to do an idiot check first before calling XMOS. Any ideas?

akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

I haven't used AN00202 much (if at all) but I have used AN00203 which is the TDM version (rather than I2S version) without problem with channel counts of 8 - 32 ch.

One thing you might want to look at is the J7 and J8 jumpers to make sure they are set in I2S (arrow) setting and not TDM setting.
MikeColeLSU
New User

Post by MikeColeLSU »

Wow!!! what a simple thing to overlook. The jumpers were set in the TDM position. Thank you very much.
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

Glad it worked for you. Hope you have good luck with your project.