USB-Audio INFO with xCORE-200 eXplorerKIT or xCORE Multi-Channel AUDIO

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
sgtpepper335

USB-Audio INFO with xCORE-200 eXplorerKIT or xCORE Multi-Channel AUDIO

Post by sgtpepper335 »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently developping a multi-channel audio device with an audio codec from Cirrus Logic(CS42448), my goal with this codec is to transmit 6 audio streams by USB in order to make real-time audio processing.
The CS42448 is able to transmit digital audio streams by I2S on 3 DATA LINES or by TDM on one data line in 24bits.

In order to design a USB Bridge, my researchs led me to the xCORE-200 Microcontrollers family and the developpement boards associated but i'm still hesitating between the xCORE eXplorer KIT and the xCORE Multi-Channel AUDIO KIT.
I already made a card with my Audio CODEC working so I just need a developpement card with digital audio I/O and the libraries for I2S/TDM proccesing and USB Audio Class 2 Device design.

Is the xCORE eXplorer KIT a good choice for this purpose ?

Thanks.

Dodotronic
Member++

Post by Dodotronic »

Hi

I just did your choise buying the explorer kit but it has a minimum hardware and most important it hasn't the external PLL to generate the right clock for 44.1 and 48 khz so I had to buy the Multichannel too. I think the best is to buy the multichannel
mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Agree with Dodotronic. Most of the reference IP related to audio is geared for the multi-channel XCORE-200 audio kit. Best to source that kit for instant testing and debugging.

https://www.xmos.com/support/boards?product=18334