PC software to configure xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform (XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB)

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
maqu67
Member++

PC software to configure xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform (XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB)

Post by maqu67 »

Hello,

does exist a PC software (user application) to configure the xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform (XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB).
I've read that is possible to arrange the input/output channel maps, change the volume and so on. Is there a ready software
to send these commands via USB?

Thanks a lot in advance

Massimiliano

andrewxcav

Post by andrewxcav »

The device appears like a sound card to your OS, so whatever tools (alsa mixer, audio midi setup, windows sound options) that your OS uses for these operations should work with that board.
udoctoryet

Post by udoctoryet »

On that note, is there anything you need to do to be able to record 4 input microphone data at the same time? I have 4 microphones plugged into the ports, but can only record from 2 at a time through like Audacity or garageband. I'm confident both ports work because when I unplug one of the two stereo pairs, I can still record using the remaining one.
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

To record more than 2 channels you need an ASIO host like Cubase, Audition, Ableton, so on.
MaximLiadov
XCore Addict

Post by MaximLiadov »

maqu67 wrote:Hello,

does exist a PC software (user application) to configure the xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform (XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB).
I've read that is possible to arrange the input/output channel maps, change the volume and so on. Is there a ready software
to send these commands via USB?

Thanks a lot in advance

Massimiliano
No good news for you as a customer. EVB is not intended for you at all.

Being a manufacturer you have to buy Thesycon drivers and SDK. There is a control pannel & mixer example inside Thesycon SDK. Exactly that you were looking for. Price is just insane (from $2500 + $2000 monthly til $30000). More info at Thesycon website. Though, if you hire your own dev team to R&D drivers and mixer "from scratch" you would spend even more money with no any success guarantee.
stnschrdr

Post by stnschrdr »

udoctoryet

How were you able to record from 2 microphones from your XK-AUDIO-216-MC-AB? I'm try to record from mics attached to line in while, simultaneously, playing out audio from Audacity using USB to board's line out with analog speakers. Specifically:
1) What microphones did you use? Did you actually record from Audacity from mics on the line in on the board of the open environment or did you simply play a .wav file from Audacity to the line in of the board?
2) Did you build one of the XMOS projects? 'app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc'?, 'AN00162_i2s_looopback_demo'?, 'app_usb_aud_I2'?
3) What operating system did you run the project on: Windows, Apple, Linux? If you ran it on Windows, did you need the USB 2.0 Audio drivers? If so which did you use?