x-flash and data partition + OTP programming

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
kster59
XCore Addict

x-flash and data partition + OTP programming

Post by kster59 »

I want to store some data in the Flash. In the manual it says the default boot partition is the entire boot partition is 0 bytes. How do I specify / allocate some space on the data partition? I looked through the documentation but could not find it. I would assume it should be an Xflash command when writing the initial flash to the device.

Also I've been using the OTP with the AES loader. The AES loader is created and burned into OTP but I can't modify it since there is no source. Is this available or is there a way to store additional information into the OTP (serial number/mac address) and read it back out?

Often times I want to serialize the device and issue firmware updates to my customers but do not want the firmware update to overwrite the serialized data. It's best if I could write this into OTP and read out parts of the OTP but as a current workaround I can settle for writing into the data partition of the flash which wouldn't be erased with a firmware update.

Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

kster59 wrote:I want to store some data in the Flash. In the manual it says the default boot partition is the entire boot partition is 0 bytes. How do I specify / allocate some space on the data partition? I looked through the documentation but could not find it. I would assume it should be an Xflash command when writing the initial flash to the device.
try xflash with the following option:
--boot-partition-size <n>
Specify the size of the boot partition as <n> bytes
The remaining space will be the data partition.
shyamkrish8iitm

Post by shyamkrish8iitm »

In the command window, I typed

xflash -target=XK-1A --boot-partition-size 120000

I am getting a message, "ERROR: F03021 No input archive specified
Bianco
XCore Expert

Post by Bianco »

shyamkrish8iitm wrote:In the command window, I typed

xflash -target=XK-1A --boot-partition-size 120000

I am getting a message, "ERROR: F03021 No input archive specified
You need to specify the XE file in order for xflash to know what to flash :)
JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to do this in the IDE settings or do you have to do the xflash command by hand to have a data partition?
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

JohnWilson wrote:Just out of curiosity, is there a way to do this in the IDE settings or do you have to do the xflash command by hand to have a data partition?
Yes there is a flash configurations menu which allows you to input these settings and flash the device.
flash_configurations.png
(68.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
flash_configurations.png
(68.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson »

No idea why I had trouble finding that before. Beautiful -- thanks!!!