TimeComposer does not build applications

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
ast8346

Post by ast8346 »

Thanks jangala

The problem seems to be gone more or less, at least I was able to run Noughts & Crosses on startkit.
I still have some weird 'include path not found' warnings in my main application though, please have a look. I have little clue regarding how to fix it/what to do.

Kind Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

Not sure why these warnings are coming. But, you can neglect the warnings as you are able to build the application without any issues.
ast8346

Post by ast8346 »

Hello again,

After a while I have managed to build my application on the hardware without any errors, but there is still something wrong. What is it? I don't understand.

Perhaps, someone could help?

I will attach a couple of screenshots with dump-state condition from the outside and jtag from the inside.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
srinie
XCore Addict

Post by srinie »

Hi,
Looks like your boot process is not yet complete - exception is raised while boot from SPI.

Which target/board are you using? jtag mode pins are proper (as you are trying to run using jtag and not from flash)?

Follow this post for more details:
http://www.xcore.com/questions/3233/wha ... debug-boot
myndideal

Post by myndideal »

Hi ast8346,
I think, one of your screenshot contains xTIMEcomposer v14.0.1 . I had some exception/signal problem with this v14 revision several weeks ago . The issue was fixed in v14.0.3.
ast8346

Post by ast8346 »

Hi srinie,

It is a custom designed (by me) board based on XMOS usb audio reference board, but with different AD-DA chips and PSU. I had some struggle to get SPI memory to work (4mb flash wirebond). Essentially it seems to work now (after I have removed logic buffer IC).

At the moment, I am trying to run app via JTAG through debugger, I guess this is that option:

- 0xffffc070 Boot mode JTAG (waiting for program to be loaded over JTAG)

App runs, but driver doesn't start. I shall investigate your link further. Perhaps, I should try to write it on flash as well.

I use 13.2.1 tools and command line. I did not use 14.0.3. I will try, thanks.

Post by Guest »

Try flashing the firmware on the board instead of running from the JTAG using xrun. During USB audio device enumeration device reset happens. It is not possible to run the device from the current state using xrun when the reset happens. So, flash the firmware on the board and try. This should solve your issue.
ast8346

Post by ast8346 »

jangala,

It delivers this error:

Error on tile[0]: failed to connect to flash device. Please verify that SPI type is supported and that the correct SPI ports are defined within your xn file.

Post by Guest »

Can you please check if you have details of SPI Flash device defined in your XN file. You should see something like this in your XN file:

<Port Location="XS1_PORT_1A" Name="PORT_SPI_MISO"/>
<Port Location="XS1_PORT_1B" Name="PORT_SPI_SS"/>
<Port Location="XS1_PORT_1C" Name="PORT_SPI_CLK"/>
<Port Location="XS1_PORT_1D" Name="PORT_SPI_MOSI"/>

and the below:

<ExternalDevices>
<Device NodeId="0" Class="SPIFlash" Name="bootFlash" Type="M25P40">
<Attribute Name="PORT_SPI_MISO" Value="PORT_SPI_MISO"/>
<Attribute Name="PORT_SPI_SS" Value="PORT_SPI_SS"/>
<Attribute Name="PORT_SPI_CLK" Value="PORT_SPI_CLK"/>
<Attribute Name="PORT_SPI_MOSI" Value="PORT_SPI_MOSI"/>
</Device>
</ExternalDevices>
srinie
XCore Addict

Post by srinie »

Also can you double check your flash device is supported?

https://www.xmos.com/download/private/x ... 66D%29.pdf
- 29. List of devices natively supported by libflash
- 30. Add support for a new flash device