AVB Daisy chain build error on github

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
pierrelelievre

AVB Daisy chain build error on github

Post by pierrelelievre »

Hi, I'm trying to build the daisy-chain reference design supplied on github an following these instructions:

//github.com/xcore/sw_avb_dc/blob/master/app_daisy_chain/doc_quickstart/quickstart.rst#id1

I followed all the steps, and added all missing modules to the project.

I'm getting this error:

ERROR: Unable to open output file '../.build/m_avb_1722/src/avb_1722_common.c.o' for writing elf
xmake[1]: *** [.build/m_avb_1722/src/avb_1722_common.c.o] Error 1
xmake: *** [bin//app_daisy_chain.xe] Error 2

Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Andy
Respected Member

Post by Andy »

Does

xmake clean

xmake

help?

sethu_jangala
XCore Expert

Post by sethu_jangala »

This more sounds like error with workspace in xTIMEcomposer. Are you able to build any other project without any issue?

pierrelelievre

Post by pierrelelievre »

Thanks to you both. Yes Andy I do clean before doing the build, I was actually doing this from the Xtime composer menu, do you imply that typing this command from the console would make a difference?

Sethu, yes, altough I have spent a limited time, the references designs supplied from the XMOS site works fine, and I'm able to make to make small simple test programs from scratch that works, but as far as trying a whole reference design from github I haven't been able to. I'm wondering if I'd be better off starting with the AVB reference design and try to reproduce somehow the Daisy-chain, adding small parts at a time and see if it build. I've tried Xtime composer V12, and V13, errors varies, but I'ts pretty much always about being unable to create an output files, from various modules.

pajt

Post by pajt »

Hi. I was wondering if you found a sollution for this problem in the meantime. Did you try anything else?