XSCOPE - Cannot probe real time mic data Topic is solved

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
shaileshwankhede
Experienced Member

XSCOPE - Cannot probe real time mic data

Post by shaileshwankhede »

Hi,
I am using app_usb_aud_mic_array[sw_usb_audio - usb_audio6.15.2] with target mic_array_ref.xn (XMOS mic array board). Said firmware works fine usb audio in and out. For further development I want to analyze mic signal or final data to DAC using xscope. To achieve I have added config.xscope in project with following content:

Code: Select all

<xSCOPEconfig ioMode="none" enabled="true">
    <Probe name="mic_gain" type="DISCRETE" datatype="UINT" units="Value" enabled="true"/>
    <Probe name="audio_out" type="CONTINUOUS" datatype="UINT" units="Value" enabled="true"/>
</xSCOPEconfig>
And in pdm_user.xc added these lines

xscope_int(MIC_GAIN, gain);  //after increase or decrease mic gain
xscope_int(AUDIO_OUT, output[0]); //in summed loop where all mic data is summed
I am creating Run configuration with device options: Hardware - target XMOS XTAG-3 connected to O[0][SqiaXG0U], Target IO option : JTAG, XSCOPE in real time mode. But when trying to run it, it shows capturing continuously but without any trace signal. I tried to adjust scope ranges but didn't work. I am able to trace sine signal in sample : AN00196_Getting_started_with_real_time_xSCOPE_in_xTIMEcomposer_Studio, but for this it doesn't show any traces.
What could be wrong over here?

Thanks,
Shailesh

View Solution
xsamc

Post by xsamc »

Hi Shailesh,

Could you try setting the ioMode to "basic", to see if this resolves the issue you're seeing?

Cheers,
Sam
shaileshwankhede
Experienced Member

Hi Sam,

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately now control view always showing as 'Disconnected' means it doesn't seem to be communicating with XTAG. XTAG-3 is detected and I have selected JTAG option (Have even tried with None as Target IO option). But don't know why its not able to capture. Because of this I am not able to check "Basic" ioMode as you suggested. Any Idea?

Thanks,
Shailesh
xsamc

Post by xsamc »

Hi Shailesh ,

I'd suggest power cycling the xTAG after powering up your board to see if it you can then connect to it properly from your PC. xSCOPE functionality will not not be available while the "Target I/O options" are set to JTAG.

Cheers,
Sam
shaileshwankhede
Experienced Member

Hi Sam,

I did power cycle of XTAG and changed Target I/O options as "None". When run initially it shows Disconnected and after doing some activity by pressing buttons (I am having mic gain change with buttons and probing mic gain also), I can see triggered, captured only once. Its not real time change. Mic gain seems to be changed after lot of presses as per trace but this is not the case in real. And mic data I could never see.
I am having hard time understanding xscope completely. I even followed "Use xTIMEcomposer and xSCOPE to trace data in real-time" app note and tried adding

Link Encoding="2wire" Delays="4,4" Flags="XSCOPE"> <LinkEndpoint NodeId="0" Link="X0LD"/> <LinkEndpoint RoutingId="0x8000" Chanend="1"/> </Link>
But this didn't help. Also as per App note I couldn't understand how come sample/div is 200.e^6 for mv signal of mic data. This looks very large value.

I am attaching complete project 7zip. Probably looking at it you could understand the problem.

Thanks,
Shailesh
Attachments
app_usb_aud_mic_array.7z
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
app_usb_aud_mic_array.7z
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
shaileshwankhede
Experienced Member

I got the problem,
I was not selecting Target IO option as xSCOPE. Selecting JTAG was interrupting mic sampling process and thus was not looping properly.

Thanks,
Shailesh