Some questions in voice localization system design

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
guodian
Member++

Some questions in voice localization system design

Post by guodian »

Hi,
I want to design a voice localization system. The functional requirements of my design is using the voice localization system to detect where the voice come from, then send signal to control the camera training on object that make sound. I compared the products Array Microphones with Smart Microphones solutions, I found that the Smart Microphones integrate algorithms of voice localization and Array Microphones didn't. So I want to ask whether the two solutions can implement my functional requirements? If I use Array Microphones board kit, will I need to design my own algorithms? Whether the Smart Microphones solution is practicable and easy?
Thanks!

johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

Hi guodian,
You have highlighted the two main options :
1/ Smart Mic with simple DOA included.
2/ Mic Array + your own algorithms

For option 1/, the smart mic doa only resolves to 60 degree resolution so may not be suitable for your application.
For option 2/, the advantage is that you can run the algorithms on your PC (mac/windows/linux) and develop them easily ahead of porting them to the board.

We are thinking about options to enhance Smart Mic beamforming, in the future but do not have any timescales at the present time.

All the best,
John
guodian
Member++

Post by guodian »

Thank you! You reply is helpful. Pardon me for I have another question. I have a xCORE-200 Multichannel Audio Platform development board. I download the code in official website and use app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc. When I add my own code and debug, I can't print any informations in the console such as "Hello World" and the development board work normally. Could you tell me how can I debug the program with printf function.
johned
XCore Addict

Post by johned »

No worries, guodian

Take a look at the examples : https://www.xmos.com/support/examples
In particular, the xscope ones towards the bottom of the page.

All the best,
John
guodian
Member++

Post by guodian »

johned wrote:No worries, guodian

Take a look at the examples : https://www.xmos.com/support/examples
In particular, the xscope ones towards the bottom of the page.

All the best,
John
Sorry, John.

I refered to the examples and couldn't understand the step clearly. It can print informations in console in my little exercise project. So I copied the config.xscope file to directory app_usb_aud_xk_216_mc/src. The config.xscope file

Code: Select all

<xSCOPEconfig ioMode="none" enabled="false"/>
However, I tried for

<xSCOPEconfig ioMode="basic" enabled="true"/>
They both just didn't work. I have not modified the XN file. Part of the xk-audio-216-mc.xn:

<Links>
        <Link Encoding="5wire">
          <LinkEndpoint NodeId="0" Link="8" Delays="52clk,52clk"/>
          <LinkEndpoint NodeId="1" Link="XL0" Delays="1clk,1clk"/>
        </Link>
      </Links>
    </Package>
  </Packages>
  <Nodes>
    <Node Id="2" Type="device:" RoutingId="0x8000">
      <Service Id="0" Proto="xscope_host_data(chanend c);">
        <Chanend Identifier="c" end="3"/>
      </Service>
    </Node>
  </Nodes>
  <Links>
    <Link Encoding="2wire" Delays="4,4" Flags="XSCOPE">
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="0" Link="XL0"/>
      <LinkEndpoint NodeId="2" Chanend="1"/>
    </Link>
  </Links>
And the Makefile:

BUILD_FLAGS     = -DFLASH_MAX_UPGRADE_SIZE=64*1024 -fcomment-asm -Xmapper --map -Xmapper MAPFILE -Wall -O3 -report -lquadflash -fsubword-select -save-temps -g -fxscope -DXSCOPE -DSDA_HIGH=2 -DSCL_HIGH=1 -DXUD_SERIES_SUPPORT=4 -march=xs2a -DUSB_TILE=tile[1] -DADAT_TX_USE_SHARED_BUFF=1 -DQUAD_SPI_FLASH=1
Could you tell me how to do? Thanks!
RitchRock
XCore Addict

Post by RitchRock »

In run configurations, did you select real-time mode and enable xscope? I simply moved the config.xscope file to the top level directory alongside the Makefile (not /src) in the app, enabled in the run configurations and it worked.