OpenThreads

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
Folknology
XCore Legend

OpenThreads

Post by Folknology »

License: BSD

Inspired by the successful OpenCores idea, this project aims to provide an opensource commons of reusable modules or components to run on the event driven model. I did initial think about calling it OpenXcores but figured that that was just a little too cheeky, also I think OpenThreads expresses how many of these modules will interact via using threads rather than more declarative nature of HDLs in the FPGAS world.
How we make these contributions reusable and so they can slot together will be the ongoing conversation until we draft the basic APIs which allow this to happen for version 0.1. In addition I am creating a git repository to hold the code and documentation so bear with me on that. For now this is just a place holder for the idea.

shawn
XCore Addict

Post by shawn »

I shall assemble library's of Occam to find the best ones to cross compile to XC.
There's like 30 years of resource collecting dust just patiently waiting for a thief.
We need a native interface builder kit, cognitive objects, events and responders.
Ever thread is a VM event within a galaxy of other VMs of status ...

I have lots of wires and lots of transputer that I will fireup, when it become applicable.
I shall get this OCCAM to XC cross compile. Open XC/OCCAM compatible binary's.
I know there's soft transputers also, I think a few are characterized but I do believe
they are deconstructions. Like an ARM M1, but quit capable of CSP.

Light
Member++

Post by Light »

But first of all, needs enough people to join the project. Follow up!
nassim
Experienced Member

Post by nassim »

yes i will happy to enjoy to project when i have a contribution in project "minsoc" and succeed to implement all IP in spartan-3E500 include >> CPU, UART, ETHMAC, SDRAM and SPI and run uclinux.

it possible to do that with XMOS using XC languages but else wishbone BUS.

all time i ask if XMOS can run an OS (or port an OS when they have 4processor)

and also OpenSparc is very interesting project XMOS can do the same steps in conception

also >> Fix an Cross Compiler
>> Fix a language XC for all interface
>> made a starter kit include all physical interface (XS1-G4,SDRAM, SPI, UART, LCD, VGA, DAC/ADC)

SO what you think