Problem with XMOS Stereo driver and 32-bit

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
osch

Problem with XMOS Stereo driver and 32-bit

Post by osch »

I was told by xmos-support to post this here, hopefully someone has some insight about this.

We have the production version of the XMOS Stereo driver, version 4.13.0 ST. On the overview of the different drivers it states that this driver should support 16,24 and 32 bit sample depth(http://www.xmos.com/download/private/US ... 4.0%29.pdf).
The problem is when playing files with Foobar 2000, which many of our customers use. If i select 32-bit output data format i get this error message "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 192000 Hz / 32-bit / 2 channels"
foobar-error.PNG
(24.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
foobar-error.PNG
(24.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
foobar-setup.PNG
(22.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
foobar-setup.PNG
(22.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This works fine when i don't have this xmos-driver installed, so with the Windows 10 native driver i can play 32-bit just fine(and i have verified it is actually sending 32-bit). In both scenarios i use WASAPI(event) as output-mode.

I would be greatful if anyone could share some information on this, or have had similar experiences.

mon2
XCore Legend

Post by mon2 »

Hi.

Disclaimer: Not an audio developer.

Believe you may need to license the enhanced driver package from this company:

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml

Request their demo copy of the driver to validate this understanding. Fairly confident that other developers have had to follow the same driver licensing for the higher data rates.

Hope this helps.
osch

Post by osch »

mon2 wrote:Hi.

Disclaimer: Not an audio developer.

Believe you may need to license the enhanced driver package from this company:

https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml

Request their demo copy of the driver to validate this understanding. Fairly confident that other developers have had to follow the same driver licensing for the higher data rates.

Hope this helps.
Okay. The driver overview states that the driver we have received supports up to 384kHz 32-bit, so if this is not the case this page is just wrong. I will try to contact thesycon about the licenced driver, but since our development project started we counted on this driver to do what was stated in this document so this is a bit disappointing.
drivers.PNG
(181.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
drivers.PNG
(181.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
akp
XCore Expert

Post by akp »

thesycon is expensive, too.
Yanava

Post by Yanava »

Have you tried the Thesycon demo driver? Perhaps that's worth a shot prior to investing some heavy bucks into their full featured offering. I think it's a real bummer I have to go to a third party to get driver support for Windows. But again, it's also a bummer Windows USB Audio class 2 support sucks.