provision for USB suspend mode/low power

If you have a simple question and just want an answer.
emenrique

provision for USB suspend mode/low power

Post by emenrique »

My team is working on an XMOS USB project using the XS1-U8A-64-FB96 and using it as an audio device. So far

we are looking if there are any provisions in the example firmware for the xmos chip take control and put the device

into low power mode.  Part of the device design is it should be able to run on USB power and to make it work great

with laptops is that we have to have a mode where the xmos can be instructed to enter low power mode.  The other thing

I want to ask if whether the low power mode vector is even supported in the USB drivers.

In summary I have the following questions:

1) Has anybody dealt with putting the XMOS based design USB device in low power mode?

2) Is there any support in the firmware for the XMOS to enter low power mode?  I read through some online articles

and asked around that in USB there are a couple of levels of power modes in USB.

3) Is there any support in the USB drivers for low power mode and if so are there any documentation I can find?

Thanks so much.

EE

Ross
XCore Expert

Post by Ross »

Are you talking about lower power when streaming audio or during suspend?
jb123

Post by jb123 »

Did you find a solution? The sw_usb_audio projects contains a reference in the changelog:
-----
- Suspend/Resume supported. LED A indicates suspend condition
But I don't see many references to "suspend" in the code so I'm not sure how to enable it, use it, etc.