SparkFun Development Kit

Technical discussions related to any XMOS development kit or reference design. Eg XK-1A, sliceKIT, etc.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

The XSYS connector is for the XTAG-2. Ports that can be used for XLInks are brought out to the pads by the prototyping area - you could add a connector and wire the relevant signals to it for connection to the XK-1. D4-D7 are available for 2-wire XLInks.

Leon

nagmier
Member++

Post by nagmier »

Thanks Leon! I figured there was a way, I'll be honest I haven't spent too much time with my XK-1 at this point but I have a sneaky feeling I'll be running out of threads! Thanks again that opens up another possibility for me!
johanar

Post by johanar »

I think it would be nice if SparkFun added some analog inputs to their board (the XMOS doesn't have those, or did I just miss them?) as they're very useful for hobbyist builders and tinkerers :)

I was going to suggest adding motor controller/h-bridge for robotics but I suppose it might limit the boards target group, and many robot builders use modified servos anyway.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Just add an ADC chip.

Leon
BrianMiller

Post by BrianMiller »

Nope, no analog inputs. Nothing stopping one from using their favorite ADC though.
johanar

Post by johanar »

leon_heller wrote:Just add an ADC chip.

Leon
Well what I meant was that it seems like SparkFun's products are slightly aimed towards people who just want to plug their components and get started, rather than those who want the bare minimum and add only what they need.