That Aggressive Quadrotor is back and even better...

XCore Project reviews, ideas, videos and proposals.
jason
XCore Expert

That Aggressive Quadrotor is back and even better...

Post by jason »

I am constantly amazed by this project!

geqip_0Vjec

YBsJwapanWI

RogerH

Post by RogerH »

I like these a Lot!

Imagine swarms of these collecting rubbish after a football game (Rugby in New Zealand).

Flying at a 45deg angle they could herd the rubbish into a hopper to be later driven away.

They could also be used for crowd control, imagine the fear that would be created with a swarm of these hunting you down!
Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Uh Oh Aerial Hunter-Killers (HKs) controlled by Skynet :-(
bsmithyman
Experienced Member

Post by bsmithyman »

As I understand it, the system that controls the 'copters is all integrated into the building. It seems like at this point an installation would make the most sense. Imagine going with the stadium idea, but instead they operated cameras that you can put anywhere. I will say, I think it's inevitable that this kind of thing will be used for crowd control eventually. A bit scary.
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Personally I cant wait to see these flying about in the real world. As you guys have already pointed out, many potential uses.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

It has many many uses. For instance for reconnaissance. You have some natural event and you need accurate info of what is going on, a swarm of quadcopters can do that on their own.
Edit: but this particular system depends on some cameras mounted on the walls. When these cameras are on the quadcopters themselves then it will much more be interesting :)
paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

There was a quadrocopter at Electronica last week on the matlab stand that had all kinds of fancy control loops. It had to have cameras (2 or 3 if I remember correctly) to calibrate the onboard sensors every so often, so something at the moment seems to mean that these cannot be used without some kind of installation at the moment...

fun to watch though.
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
RogerH

Post by RogerH »

For those interested, there is loads of stuff out there related to Quad and even Hex Rotors.

Whilst there are commercial sites, the hobby RC groups are a good place to start.

Try here: http://www.rcgroups.com/multi-rotor-helis-659/

Regards, Roger...
jason
XCore Expert

Post by jason »

Thanks for the link Roger