XN File Issues

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
rp181
Respected Member

XN File Issues

Post by rp181 »

I am designing a custom board, but before actually making it, need to simulate some stuff. I took the Xk-1 XN file and modified. This one is supposed to represent a line of 6 devices. In such a configuration, can a core have a channel to any other core? Or just the ones neighboring?

The XN file is here:

When I try and do "on stdcore[1] : void();" I get

Code: Select all

../src/xk1-led.xc:16: error: `stdcore' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/xk1-led.xc:16: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../src/xk1-led.xc:16: error: for each function it appears in.)
../src/xk1-led.xc:16: error: 'on' specified for variable not of type core
../src/xk1-led.xc:17: error: 'on' specified for variable not of type core
However, in the XN file, the declaration is of the core type.

EDIT: It turned out to be problems with spaces. New problem:

Error: XN11091 Node "P1" cannot support bootees.

Folknology
XCore Legend

Post by Folknology »

Ravi

P1 is the (master) boot node it has the flash SPI so shouldn't have a Bootee element.
I also notice that P5 is missing a Bootee element.

Check the tools user guide section 8 for XN usage

regards
Al
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

a bootee is a device to boot through the link, right? In my XN file, the master is NodeID "Master", no P1, and its bootee element is P1. This is where the booting starts, so master has to have a bootee in a chain. P5 is the last one in the chain, so there is nothing to boot.

In the tools guide, it has the Master package, which is booted through spi, with a bootee element of the Slave.

EDIT: found the line "If the source specifies an XMOS Link, no Bootee elements may be specified." Does that mean the Master boots all the others? Thought it was more of a domino fashion.

EDIT: So I moved all of the bootee elements to the Master processor, but now i get:

/opt/XMOS/DevelopmentTools/11.2.1/configs/XS1-L1A-TQ128.pkg:4: Error: Package file includes unmapped node id "0".
EDIT: As the result of another earlier error, I had changed the InPackageIDs. Change back to 0 and all working!