Trouble routing a XMOS PCB

Technical discussions around xCORE processors (e.g. xcore-200 & xcore.ai).
segher
XCore Expert

Post by segher »

If it's booting from flash, but finds no valid image there, it is going to idle (WAITEU with
no events enabled). The power draw seems reasonable for that, but check the datasheet;
or better, get JTAG connected and see what's going on :-)

rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

That makes me happy!
I should get the JTAG adapter board done tomorrow, I still need to cut the rest of the boards out.
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

Another setback....

Those connectors do not like to be hand soldered. They keep bridging to the neighboring pins. The pins are not really fixed and rotate, and they bent. I took it off, and it had ripped up the pads. So this board has become useless.
ale500
Respected Member

Post by ale500 »

Do you have a hot-air station ? maybe with solder paste and hot air ? sorry if you already tested :(.
(I feared something like that and went with 2mm connectors, through-hole... they need more board but they were super-easy to solder, something I cannot say about the '128 ;-) )
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

No, but I am going to have someone else who does solder one.

Everything on the board was fairly easy to solder, the hardest being the connectors followed by the tiny 6 pin package, since I had to look at the text to determine pin 1. Was hard without magnification.

The quad packages are quite easy I think, drag soldering makes that quick.
xcorific
Member++

Post by xcorific »

Any updates on this project?
rp181
Respected Member

Post by rp181 »

This project was put on hold due to other projects, and the fact that XMOS released their own small board (designs). I do hope to finish this later!