XK-1 and XScope

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
xmark
Member++

Post by xmark »

Hi Gents,

Sorry to enter this thread a bit late. The history behind this is that an issue was identified in the 128 datasheet, which was fixed in the v2.2 datasheet on the 2nd December last year. At the time, the following notification was issued:

"XS1-L1 128TQFP Datasheet (Direction of XMOS Links X0LC and X0LD (X0D49 to
X0D70) updated in Pin Table. Previous versions of datasheet showed the
direction inverted in/out and out/in.)"

By that time the XK-1 had been designed according to the erroneous datasheet assignment, whilst the XTAG2 is designed using the correct assignment. Since the XK-1 is self-consistent, and the combination of Xlink connectivity for these two boards has only become relevant with the subsequent introduction of XScope, both boards are still fit for their original purpose.

Of course, it is regrettable that an opportunity to make our boards "ready" for a future feature was missed, and particularly that the community also has designed boards which are incompatible with XScope.

Cheers,

-Mark

russf
XCore Addict

Post by russf »

Thanks for clarifying the history, Mark.

--r.
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

Just to note the XK-1A has been released today on xmos.com

http://www.xmos.com/products/xk1a

This addresses the link issue for use with xscope, details of which can be found in the document detailing the changes linked off the product page.
russf
XCore Addict

Post by russf »

Thanks for the update, XMatt.

This makes me even more likely to carry out my mod.

Still holding off until I hear from someone who's checked it.

--r.
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

XMatt wrote:Just to note the XK-1A has been released today on xmos.com

This addresses the link issue for use with xscope, details of which can be found in the document detailing the changes linked off the product page.
Matt,

Is Digi-Key actually selling the XK-1A? The link on the product page takes one to what looks like the original XK-1 on the D-K web site.
XMatt
XCore Addict

Post by XMatt »

leon_heller wrote:
XMatt wrote:Just to note the XK-1A has been released today on xmos.com

Matt,

Is Digi-Key actually selling the XK-1A? The link on the product page takes one to what looks like the original XK-1 on the D-K web site.
I will double check with the web team what the status of this is and get back to you.
huw
Member++

Post by huw »

The last XK-1 stock that Digikey hold is currently being swapped for XK-1A kits. The Digikey page (XCARD XK-1-ND) will be updated to the new REV and all new orders will be fulfilled with XK-1A kits. I'm waiting confirmation as to when the web site will be updated and shipping of new kits will start.
huw
Member++

Post by huw »

The XK-1A page on Digikey is now live and linked from xmos.com.

The links to XK-1A documentation on Digikey will be updated in due course.
Corin
Experienced Member

Post by Corin »

Hi Russf,

I've had a look at your mod and it seems fine, although we would probably recommend that you do this with an external adapter.

Furthermore, please remember that you only need to modify the JTAG IN on the XK-1 closest to the XTAG2, the JTAG out connector and the rest of the chain of XK-1's will not need to be modified.

Cheers,
Corin
leon_heller
XCore Expert

Post by leon_heller »

Thanks, Corin. I'll mod one of mine, and report back.