USB Audio 2 Custom Design

Technical questions regarding the XTC tools and programming with XMOS.
Manust
Member++

USB Audio 2 Custom Design

Post by Manust »

Hey Folks,

I designed a custom PCB that has a lot in common with the USB Audio 2.0 Ref Design. I'm trying to get the software running now but i'm facing a problem i can't figure out how to solve it :(

So first in difference to the Ref Design I'm using a 400Mhz XMOS(don't need the SPDIF Thread, so i don't need the 500MHz Controller).
When in download the firmware to the controller everything seems to work quite fine. I'm using USB Audio Class 1 at the moment so i don't need a driver for my first tests. Windows is properly installing it's drivers and i can "play" music with it.
When i start a song LEDB is switching on so the Audiostream seems to start on the Board also. But when i connect my Oszi to the I2S lines there is nothing(All low.)
I'm using different Codecs, but they are held in reset so they shouldn't interfere with it.

I'm using the newest software release of the UAC2 Project 3.3[11.2.0].

I think maybe there is something wrong with my customdefines.h maybe someone of you has a guess:

Code: Select all

CODE REMOVED
Thanks for your help,

Greetings,
Manuel
Last edited by paul on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reference design code from the xmos.com website is under license - please make sure you have read the full terms

paul
XCore Addict

Post by paul »

Hi Manust,

Sorry for having to remove your code, but the reference design code is under license and thus can't be posted in text form.

However, hopefully I can make some suggestions that will help you on your way. I would suggest that you check if the masterclock is getting to the XCore. This could be the main reason that your device is not outputting the I2S signals.

It might be good to investigate the state of the I2S output thread using xrun --dump-state or using the debugger in the XDE. This might give you a clue if it is hanging up on something.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Paul
Paul

On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Manust
Member++

Post by Manust »

Hi Paul.

Oh Sorry for that.

I finally got it working now.
Actually there was I2S Data on the bus but with periodic silence on the bus my I2S Interpreter on the Scope detected as no Data on the bus...
Switching to USB Audio Class 2 solved the problem.
So for the moment no fallback to class 1 :o

Greetings,
Manuel